- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 Italian sandwich buns, split
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper, basil and garlic salt until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and remaining lemon-pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Spoon half of lemon juice mixture over top. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn chicken; top with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cut side of each bottom half with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Layer with chicken, onion and lettuce; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Chicken Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p27
Reviews for Broiled Chicken Tenderloin Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"Excellent flavor. I think adding a tomato would make it over the top."
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
"Love the lemon flavor! Very tasty and pretty easy to make."