Broiled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon-pepper, basil and garlic salt until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Combine the oil, lemon juice and remaining lemon-pepper. Cut chicken into 1/2-in.-wide strips; brush with lemon juice mixture. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat from 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. Place rolls with cut side up on broiler pan; broil for 1-2 minutes or until light golden brown; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Layer chicken, onion and lettuce over cream cheese. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 423 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.