Broiled Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
I hope you will try different cheeses with this chicken. Monterey Jack or cheddar will enhance the taste of this dish. Also you can replace the ham for your favorite cold cut.—Hope Meece, Ambia, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 tablespoons honey-Dijon salad dressing
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Broil chicken 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with butter. Broil 4 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning and basting occasionally.
- 2. Place a ham slice on each chicken breast; broil for 1-2 minutes. Spread each with 1 tablespoon dressing; top with cheese. Broil for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC