Broiled Chicken & Artichokes
My wife and I first made this chicken entree as newlyweds and have been hooked ever since. We love it because it's so simple and affordable, yet delicious and healthy. Can't beat that. We make it almost weekly.—Chris Koon, Midlothian, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat boiler. In a large bowl, toss chicken and artichokes with
- oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in
- chicken reads 170°, turning chicken and artichokes halfway
- through cooking. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 288 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.