Broiled Chicken & Artichokes Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat boiler. In a large bowl, toss chicken and artichokes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, turning chicken and artichokes halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broiled Chicken & Artichokes
Sort By :
"Excellent, easy, and low in calories."
"This was fast and simple. To up the taste, I added some minced garlic and marinated the chicken first in the artichoke marinade for 1 hr before broiling. It took a little longer to cook but since I have a thermometer, it was cinch to know when done."
"This definitely took longer than 15 minutes for us to broil! It was tasty, but would be better baked with kale, mushrooms, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and onions."
"It was just okay for me and my Love. It lacked flavor. If I were to give this another try I don't think I would drain the artichokes and I would likely bake and not broil and then serve over a grain like quinoa."