- 6 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine mushrooms and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain mushrooms, discarding salad dressing. Place mushrooms in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Fill with spinach mixture; top with mozzarella cheese. Broil 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Cheese Stuffed Portobellos in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Broiled Cheese Stuffed Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review