Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit Recipe
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit
"Nice way to serve grapefruit in the winter."