Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit Recipe
“Here's a dressed-up way to prepare a breakfast classic," says Tonda. "The warm sweetness of brown sugar contrasts with the cool, sharp grapefruit taste. It's fabulous served hot and bubbly.”
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 grapefruit half equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC