“Here's a dressed-up way to prepare a breakfast classic," says Tonda. "The warm sweetness of brown sugar contrasts with the cool, sharp grapefruit taste. It's fabulous served hot and bubbly.”
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Grapefruit in Country Woman February/March 2008, p31
Reviews for Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review