Broiled Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small green and/or sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the beef, peppers and mushrooms; toss to coat. Thread meat and vegetables alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Broil 3 in. from the heat, turning often, until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender, about 12-16 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 209 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Broiled Beef Kabobs
"Very good, I marinated for about 3-4 hours and the meat was nice and tender. The only thing missing was a dipping sauce. Add that and it's 5 stars :) I will be making this again."
"This recipe is spectacular!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.