Broiled Bananas A La Mode Recipe
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 12 medium firm bananas, peeled
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 quart peach, vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat preserves over medium heat until warmed. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and extract. Halve bananas lengthwise; cut widthwise into thirds.
- 2. Arrange cut side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Drizzle with apricot sauce; sprinkle with coconut. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 315 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Broiled Bananas A La Mode
"The bananas have a nice combination of flavors. Next time I will leave out the extract, since the apricot and orange flavor is wonderful on its own. Don't serve this with peach sherbet if you can't find peach ice cream---just awful! Vanilla ice cream would work really well."