Broiled Bananas A La Mode Recipe
This is what I make when I crave a delectable dessert. Dressed in a sweet apricot sauce with a sprinkling of toasted coconut, the warm bananas are extra yummy when you serve them with a scoop of ice cream on the side.—Charles Williams, Cincinatti, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 12 medium firm bananas, peeled
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 quart peach, vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat preserves over medium heat until warmed. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and extract. Halve bananas lengthwise; cut widthwise into thirds.
- 2. Arrange cut side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Drizzle with apricot sauce; sprinkle with coconut. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC