This is what I make when I crave a delectable dessert. Dressed in a sweet apricot sauce with a sprinkling of toasted coconut, the warm bananas are extra yummy when you serve them with a scoop of ice cream on the side.—Charles Williams, Cincinatti, Ohio
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 12 medium firm bananas, peeled
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 quart peach, vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- In a small saucepan, heat preserves over medium heat until warmed. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and extract. Halve bananas lengthwise; cut widthwise into thirds.
- Arrange cut side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Drizzle with apricot sauce; sprinkle with coconut. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Bananas A La Mode in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p21
Reviews for Broiled Bananas A La Mode
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review