Broiled Apricot Chicken
A little sweet blends perfectly with the bold taste of horseradish. What a great treatment for lean, tender chicken breasts! If you don’t mind wintertime grilling, this works great on the grill, too. Susan Warren - North Manchester, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices
- run clear, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 241 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.