Broiled Apricot Chicken Recipe
A little sweet blends perfectly with the bold taste of horseradish. What a great treatment for lean, tender chicken breasts! If you don’t mind wintertime grilling, this works great on the grill, too. Susan Warren - North Manchester, Indiana
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 2. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 241 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Broiled Apricot Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC