A little sweet blends perfectly with the bold taste of horseradish. What a great treatment for lean, tender chicken breasts! If you don’t mind wintertime grilling, this works great on the grill, too. Susan Warren - North Manchester, Indiana
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Apricot Chicken in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p59