Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce Recipe
A milk horseradish sauce is all you need to dress up tender broccoli spears. Try the topping on a variety of cooked veggies. Janet Allen, Belleville, Illinois
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sour cream, parsley and horseradish. Gradually whisk in lemon juice. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p159
Reviews for Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review