A milk horseradish sauce is all you need to dress up tender broccoli spears. Try the topping on a variety of cooked veggies. —Janet Allen, Belleville, Illinois
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the heat; whisk in the sour cream, parsley and horseradish. Gradually whisk in lemon juice. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p159
Reviews for Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2009
"Simple and it get wild raves."