Broccoli with Smoked Almonds
From Gertrudis Miller of Evansville, Indiana this dish makes for a colorful, attractive side. Almonds and pimientos add a little pizzazz to your plate.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup smoked or roasted salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or
- until garlic is golden brown. Add water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is
- Add almonds and pimientos. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute or until
- water is evaporated.
- Yield: 4 servings.