Broccoli with Smoked Almonds Recipe
From Gertrudis Miller of Evansville, Indiana this dish makes for a colorful, attractive side. Almonds and pimientos add a little pizzazz to your plate.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup smoked or roasted salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden brown. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- 2. Add almonds and pimientos. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute or until water is evaporated. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC