- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup smoked or roasted salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden brown. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add almonds and pimientos. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute or until water is evaporated. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli with Smoked Almonds
Sort By :
"Broccoli is certainly not my favorite vegetable but my husband grows lots of it each year to freeze. The smoked almonds really help the flavor of this non-favorable veggie in our house."
"Thought it was very tasty!"
"This one sounded better than it turned out for me. I could have just been me. The best part was the left over almonds we snacked on. The smoked almond flavor just didn't come out all that great with the broccoli for me. Just could have not been my night."