Slivered almonds and sweet red peppers add crunch to fresh broccoli.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Cut broccoli spears in half lengthwise; add to broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and shallot in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli; add broccoli, almonds, lemon-pepper and salt to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Red Pepper in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p260
Reviews for Broccoli with Sautéed Red Pepper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review