Broccoli with Sautéed Red Pepper
Slivered almonds and sweet red peppers add crunch to fresh broccoli.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Cut broccoli spears in
- half lengthwise; add to broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8
- minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and shallot in oil
- for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli; add broccoli,
- almonds, lemon-pepper and salt to skillet. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until broccoli is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 468 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.