Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, parsley, salt and pepper. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl; add red pepper mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 41 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers
"Very good. Love the roasted red peppers; adds a nice twist to this dish. Great with grilled chops! I forgot to put in the salt but it was so flavorful, I didn't miss it!"