Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers
Here's an easy and appetizing way to dress up broccoli. Our Test Kitchen staff teamed up that garden-fresh vegetable with roasted red peppers and garlic in this colorful combination. It tastes so good, you won't believe it's good for you, too!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1
- minute. Stir in the red peppers, parsley, salt and pepper. Transfer
- broccoli to a large bowl; add red pepper mixture and toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.