Here's an easy and appetizing way to dress up broccoli. Our Test Kitchen staff teamed up that garden-fresh vegetable with roasted red peppers and garlic in this colorful combination. It tastes so good, you won't believe it's good for you, too!
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, parsley, salt and pepper. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl; add red pepper mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p6
Reviews for Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2013
"Very good. Love the roasted red peppers; adds a nice twist to this dish. Great with grilled chops! I forgot to put in the salt but it was so flavorful, I didn't miss it!"