Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
Here's an easy and appetizing way to dress up broccoli. Our Test Kitchen staff teamed up that garden-fresh vegetable with roasted red peppers and garlic in this colorful combination. It tastes so good, you won't believe it's good for you, too!
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, parsley, salt and pepper. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl; add red pepper mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p6
Reviews for Broccoli with Roasted Red Peppers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2013
Very good. Love the roasted red peppers; adds a nice twist to this dish. Great with grilled chops! I forgot to put in the salt but it was so flavorful, I didn't miss it!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Roasted Vegetables >