Broccoli with Red Pepper Recipe
Karen Davies of Wanipigow, Manitoba shares this colorful side dish. The crisp snap of water chestnuts adds to its great taste.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1. In a skillet, stir-fry broccoli, ginger and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add red pepper and water chestnuts; stir-fry just until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat; also, 117 calories, 28 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrates, 3 gm protein, 7 gm fat.
Reviews for Broccoli with Red Pepper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC