- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice. Add the orange peel, mandarin oranges and tarragon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in yogurt.
- Drain broccoli; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Orange Sauce in Country February/March 2009, p49
Reviews for Broccoli with Orange Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >