Broccoli with Orange Sauce
As a busy working mother, I was looking for a good broccoli recipe that didn't take very long to make. This one, adapted from an old cookbook, can be whipped up in a hurry. I think you'll find it complements the rest of my favorite meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounce each) frozen broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in cornstarch until smooth. Gradually
- stir in orange juice; add orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain broccoli; drizzle with
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.