If you like oranges, you'll enjoy this citrusy sauce I adopted when looking for more interesting way to serve broccoli. It's also nice as a dipping sauce for pork chops and chicken. —Estelle Hardin of Kanab, Utah
- 1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and bouillon. Stir in water, orange juice and peel until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with orange slices and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Orange Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p27
Reviews for Broccoli with Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review