- 1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and bouillon. Stir in water, orange juice and peel until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with orange slices and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli with Orange Sauce
Sort By :
"I loved this side dish. I used the zest of one orange and then cut up two oranges to use in the dish itself."
"The orange sauce is very good; we didn't like the sweetness with broccoli, though. I'll remember the sauce recipe to use over fruit."
"Thank you so much for this recipe, eating broccoli has never been so tasty!"