- 1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and bouillon. Stir in water, orange juice and peel until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with orange slices and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Orange Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p27
Reviews for Broccoli with Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
The orange sauce is very good; we didn't like the sweetness with broccoli, though. I'll remember the sauce recipe to use over fruit.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2011
Thank you so much for this recipe, eating broccoli has never been so tasty!