Broccoli With Orange Cream Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk, thyme, salt and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in orange juice until combined. Place broccoli in a serving dish; top with orange cream and nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.