Broccoli With Orange Cream Recipe
I received the recipe for this broccoli side dish from a good friend in North Carolina. I like to use fresh thyme from my herb garden. The cream orange sauce is even better than hollandaise. —Kathy Samuelson of Omaha, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk, thyme, salt and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in orange juice until combined. Place broccoli in a serving dish; top with orange cream and nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 126 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli With Orange Cream
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC