Broccoli with Mustard Sauce for Four
This is a delightfully tasty and simple side dish. The creamy mustard sauce is also a nice complement to cauliflower.Marie Hoyer, Lewistown, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring the broccoli, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, dill and remaining salt.
- Drain broccoli; drizzle with the mustard sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium,