This is a delightfully tasty and simple side dish. The creamy mustard sauce is also a nice complement to cauliflower.—Marie Hoyer, Lewistown, Montana
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring the broccoli, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, dill and remaining salt. Drain broccoli; drizzle with the mustard sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p21
Reviews for Broccoli with Mustard Sauce for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"It was good but not 5 star"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"I love the zing the mustard gives the broccoli. I made this for friends and family alike, everyone liked it."