- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring the broccoli, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the mustard, dill and remaining salt. Drain broccoli; drizzle with the mustard sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p21
Reviews for Broccoli with Mustard Sauce for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2013
My family and I LOVE this recipe! I've been making it for more than 10 years, ever since seeing it in TOH magazine.
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
It was good but not 5 star
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
I love the zing the mustard gives the broccoli. I made this for friends and family alike, everyone liked it.