Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise
Roxana Quarles of Ralph, Alabama dresses up broccoli with a lemony sauce that complements the veggie flavor nicely. Not a fan of broccoli? This simple side dish will change your mind.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, egg, lemon
- juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes
- or until sauce is thickened and reaches 160°. Serve with
- broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup broccoli with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.