Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reaches 160°. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup broccoli with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise
"This was delicious. It turned out very thick. It wasn't pourable, but still delicious."