Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise Recipe
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reaches 160°. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 127 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise
"This was delicious. It turned out very thick. It wasn't pourable, but still delicious."