Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise Recipe
Roxana Quarles of Ralph, Alabama dresses up broccoli with a lemony sauce that complements the veggie flavor nicely. Not a fan of broccoli? This simple side dish will change your mind.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reaches 160°. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p20
Reviews for Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
This was delicious. It turned out very thick. It wasn't pourable, but still delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >