Broccoli with Lemon Sauce Recipe
“I enjoyed a delicious broccoli dish in Mexico a few years ago and tried making it in my own kitchen. I think my Broccoli with Lemon Sauce tastes very much like what I had at the restaurant,” field editor Nancy Larkin writes from Maitland, Florida.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, lemon juice and peel. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC