Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter Recipe
Instead of simply topping steamed broccoli with plain butter, the home economists in our Test Kitchen suggest you try serving it with an easy-to-prepare flavored butter. This is also a tasty topping for a sugar snap peas, green beans and carrots.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, butter, vinegar and ginger. Cook until marmalade and butter are melted. Drain broccoli; drizzle with butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC