Instead of simply topping steamed broccoli with plain butter, the home economists in our Test Kitchen suggest you try serving it with an easy-to-prepare flavored butter. This is also a tasty topping for a sugar snap peas, green beans and carrots.
Featured In: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, butter, vinegar and ginger. Cook until marmalade and butter are melted. Drain broccoli; drizzle with butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p68
Reviews for Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"Made this using sugar free marmalade and it was fantastic!!! Lots of flavor and fresh tasting. This is a keeper. Next time will probably double the sauce."