Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter Recipe
Instead of simply topping steamed broccoli with plain butter, the home economists in our Test Kitchen suggest you try serving it with an easy-to-prepare flavored butter. This is also a tasty topping for a sugar snap peas, green beans and carrots.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, butter, vinegar and ginger. Cook until marmalade and butter are melted. Drain broccoli; drizzle with butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p68
Reviews for Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
Made this using sugar free marmalade and it was fantastic!!! Lots of flavor and fresh tasting. This is a keeper. Next time will probably double the sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >