Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan Recipe
This simple yet sophisticated side dish uses just a few basic ingredients. The way the bold garlic flavor blends with the smoky bacon makes ordinary broccoli irresistible. —Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute broccoli in drippings and oil just until lightly browned. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in broth; cook and stir over medium-low heat for 30-35 minutes or until broccoli is tender and broth is absorbed. Stir in bacon; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p12
Reviews for Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
i like this recipe...easy to make..taste good on top of pasta to...