- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds), stems removed, cut into florets
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water; add salt and bring to a boil. In batches, add broccoli and cook 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add oil to drippings; heat over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring occasionally (do not allow to brown). Add broccoli; cook until broccoli is tender and heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p12
Reviews for Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
i like this recipe...easy to make..taste good on top of pasta to...