Broccoli with Cheese Soup Recipe
I love cheese and cook with it as often as possible. This soup is creamy and comforting with lots of noodles.—Nick Welty, Smithville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles; reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in broccoli and garlic; cook for 4 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 238 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC