Broccoli with Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles; reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in broccoli and garlic; cook for 4 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 238 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli with Cheese Soup
"I did not have all of the correct ingredients, so my first impression could have been off (I didn't have enough milk, so added buttermilk to make up the difference, and did not have velveeta cheese, so added cheddar cheese instead) . I found it very runny so added flour to thicken, and I found it kind of bland. We had a lot of leftovers, so the second day I added potatoes and bacon. That made a GOOD soup! If I make it again, potatoes and bacon will go in the first time."
"This is the first soup I ever made and it was sooooo delicious. It has become a family favorite."