"This creamy cheese sauce is a great way to jazz up veggies," writes Sandy Spackman of Trenton, Utah. TIP: "Try any cheese you like," Sandy suggests. "For an elegant look, garish with minced parsley or grated egg whites."
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the cornstarch, seasonings and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until cheese is melted. Drain the broccoli; top with cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Cheese Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p48
Reviews for Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review