Broccoli with Asiago Recipe
“This is one of the best (and most simple) ways I’ve found to serve broccoli. It’s also good with Parmesan if you don’t have the Asiago cheese.” cjintexas - Tasteofhome.com Community
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shaved Asiago cheese
- 1. Place broccoli in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC