Broccoli with Almonds is a tasty dressed up side dish. Verna Puntigan, Pasadena, Maryland, shares the recipe.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving dish; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute almonds in butter until browned. Add onion and salt; saute until onion is tender. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Almonds in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p13
Reviews for Broccoli with Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review