"My daughter relies on a boxed rice mix to get a head start on this rich and colorful soup," reports Janet Sawyer from Dysart, Iowa. "She likes to serve it to friends after football games in autumn, but it's a favorite with our family anytime of year."
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken and wild rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in almonds if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Broccoli Wild Rice Soup in Quick Cooking December 2000, p34
Reviews for Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review