- 5 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and salt; stir until cheese is melted. Add broccoli and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Wild Rice Soup(5)
Sort By :
Very easy and nice for a cold night. I added a splash of worcestershire sauce as well
My family couldn't get enough of this soup. My daughter told me it's her new favourite. It was quick, easy and delicious.
I found this years ago in the Quick Cooking mag. My kids love it and dinner guests, too. I have been making this for over 10-years!
Easy to put together and very good. My husband said "I wouldn't call it soup (because it's so thick) but it's good." That is high praise coming from him.
Easy to make delicious and lowfat!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Broccoli Soup >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >