Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
I love soup and serve it often. My sister gave me this delicious recipe that's surprisingly low in fat. It cooks up in no time.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 5 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and rice mix with contents of
- seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 20 minutes.
- Add the soup, milk, cream cheese and salt; stir until cheese is
- melted. Add broccoli and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 5-6
- minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain and Wild Rice mix.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 232 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium,