Broccoli Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken and wild rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in almonds if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
Sort By :
I've made this several times...its super yummy and super easy to throw together. Wouldn't change a thing!!!
Bland. So very bland.
Really great soup! It's a thick hearty soup. I had 2 bowls. My kids liked it too. I liked the almonds in it, but 1 of my kids didn't so I will have everyone add them in if they want in their bowls... Adding this to my soup list along with my fav on here .. cheesburger soup.
My Family loves this soup. I have been making it for years.
My family loves this thick soup.