- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken and wild rice mix
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, contents of seasoning packet and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in soup and cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in almonds if desired. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
"I've made this several times...its super yummy and super easy to throw together. Wouldn't change a thing!!!"
"Bland. So very bland."
"My Family loves this soup. I have been making it for years."
"My family loves this thick soup."
"Awesome soup,and it doesn't take long to make, Very creamy."
"my whole loves this meal really easy and fast to make"
"I made this soup today and I added some Velveeta Cheese. Very good. I will make it again!Marilyn"
"Easy to make and tastes great! I make the lower fat version."