Broccoli Vegetable Salad
Carrot, celery and tomatoes go so well with broccoli and cauliflower in this crisp refreshing salad with a light vinaigrette dressing. My mom used this popular salad to round out a variety of different meals. Even when made ahead, it doesn't get soggy.
-Lorrie Bailey, Pulaski, Iowa
16-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes,
- onion, celery and carrot. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing
- ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 16-20
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 100 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.