- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, onion, celery and carrot. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
"Not sure how I feel about this one. I used olive oil instead. I didn't think the flavors other than oil were strong enough. I thought it was a lot of oil (even if I had used canola oil). In fact I cut the oil down to half a cup. I don't think I have made a vinaigrette dressing that used this much oil. So if I make it again I will use even less oil and more of the other ingredients. I felt the dressing was missing something. Not sure what it is though."
"Thank you very much for the help.Carol"
"The dressing is called a 'vinaigrette' but it uses lemon juice as an acid instead of vinegar."
"Would any one know how much vinegar you would have to use. I would love to make it, it sounds like it would be very good.Carol B."
"That's a good question, Terry. I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't say anything. Makes sense, doesn't it.TOF, is there?"