Broccoli Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, onion, celery and carrot. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
Not sure how I feel about this one. I used olive oil instead. I didn't think the flavors other than oil were strong enough. I thought it was a lot of oil (even if I had used canola oil). In fact I cut the oil down to half a cup. I don't think I have made a vinaigrette dressing that used this much oil. So if I make it again I will use even less oil and more of the other ingredients. I felt the dressing was missing something. Not sure what it is though.
Thank you very much for the help.
Would any one know how much vinegar you would have to use. I would love to make it, it sounds like it would be very good.
That's a good question, Terry. I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't say anything. Makes sense, doesn't it.
TOF, is there?