Broccoli Turkey Salad
"This tossed medley of turkey, broccoli, pineapple and greens is very good, especially for a ladies' luncheon," promises Joyana McShane of El Cajon, California. A refreshing poppy seed dressing is the fast finishing touch.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside
- (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, spinach, broccoli, green pepper,
- onion, turkey and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar,
- poppy seeds, sugar, mustard and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,