Broccoli Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the greens, spinach, broccoli, green pepper, onion, turkey and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, mustard and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Salad
"Quick, easy, common ingredients - and delicious!"