"This tossed medley of turkey, broccoli, pineapple and greens is very good, especially for a ladies' luncheon," promises Joyana McShane of El Cajon, California. A refreshing poppy seed dressing is the fast finishing touch.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, spinach, broccoli, green pepper, onion, turkey and pineapple. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, mustard and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Turkey Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p52
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review