Broccoli Turkey Pie Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, layer the turkey, broccoli and cheddar cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over filling. Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over top.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 293 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Pie
"I am on a low carb diet and I made this recipe with pure cream (1/2 cup cream combined with 1/2 cup water) instead of milk and carbalose flour (Carbquik) instead of Bisquick. It turned out great and cut the carbohydrate count down to 4. I will definitely make this again. It was not dry at all and had a very good flavor. This is a KEEPER!"
"Good but a little dry. Better with crushed pepper on it."
"This didn't have much flavor and was a little dry. This won't be a repeat."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer