Leftover turkey becomes a tasty weeknight meal with just 10 minutes of prep. The whole family will love this comforting casserole and its golden Parmesan cheese topping. —Pippa Milburn, Dover, Ohio
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, layer the turkey, broccoli and cheddar cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over filling. Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Turkey Pie in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p50
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review